Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday Handy Tip : How to Make Drain Cleaner

I'm continuing my Saturday Handy Tip homemade household products series today. If you haven't started switching your household products to homemade ones, I highly recommend you start now! I'm switching one over a week and I will happily accept requests in the comments for what product you would like to replace next!

To unclog drains, pour half a cup of baking soda down the drain, followed by half a cup of white vinegar. Let sit for 15 minutes and follow it with boiling water. Do not use on plastic plumbing or after you have already tried a commercial drain cleaner.

Check out these other Saturday Handy Tips:

1 comment:

Happy Campers said...

Really? It's THAT easy? Awesome!!! Will definitely try this the next time we need to unclog :)