Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Gigs and Fun Times

Well, this month has been busy on and off.
I've had several days of work and a few other random gigs came up, like being an extra on a TV Show shoot. As it stands right now, I'm $118 from covering bills, and a fair bit more shy of covering gas, food, and miscellaneous expenses. I've been having as frugal a christmas as possible, but there really is only so much that you can do.

I got some good news on the work front, though. I'll be Stage Managing a show at a really good theatre. It's 8 weeks of work and thats a huge load off my mind. I'll be picking up as much additional stuff as I can, but the concept of pretty much covering my bills for nearly two months is huge to me. I'm very excited. I'm also hoping that if I can keep busy with some other things, I can even start to replenish my depleted emergency fund a little. It really needs to be above $3000 and it's about to slip below $2000. Having a decent emergency fund is the key to keeping your sanity while freelancing. So I'm hoping to take this work opportunity to top it back up a little. We'll see if that works!

Happy holidays, all.

1 comment:

dawn hild said...

Awesome for the 8 week job ...
That will start your New Year off right!
Merry Christmas