Friday, December 12, 2008

5 Worthy Causes to Donate To This Year

Tax season is coming, and if you're looking at making Tax Deductible donations, now is really a good time to do so. Also, the holiday season is really about giving. I try and donate something every Christmas, even if it is only $10. I just plan it in as an extra "present" that I have to buy. I know that I don't have a lot of money to spare, but I believe in doing a little good. 

With that said, here are a few of my top picks for places to donate money. Last year I donated to Doctors Without Borders and this year my money will go to UNHCR. 


An organization of professionals that bring medical aid to countries without it including vaccinations, disease prevention and cure, and emergency aid.


The United Nations High Commission on Refugees is committed to helping refugees from war torn countries. Often, they will help wither relocate refugees or help them get back home. 


Medical aid and disaster relief. The Red Cross are a dedicated world wide organization.


This organization builds homes for impoverished people.


A charity dedicated to the conservation of Polar Bears and their habitat through research and education.


Do you have a charity that you support? Let me know in the comments!

No comments: