Thursday, April 2, 2009

Update and Thanks

Thanks so much for the outpouring of support over my recent financial woes. 
I'm trying to find the bright side of all of this. The only one that I can see is that I can finally put this accident behind me and things will hopefully be calmer from here on out. 
I rounded up all the money that I needed, but my Networth took a significant hit and I've had to do some major rewiring of my budget. I'll post on that soon.

Today is moving day. I'm heading into a smaller and less expensive apartment and I am really really happy about it. This new place has some quirks, and there are some things that aren't terribly convenient, but it's going to be great for my finances. 
I'm already trimming things out of my budget, like just getting Internet for $20 a month instead of adding in cable for an additional $40 a month. Im very hopeful that this new apartment will feel like the home I've been craving since we left our old apartment. 

With taxes also due in April, Im not going to be able to get on track until May. May is when I can implement my new budget properly and start sticking to it. I'll also be able to work on paying down debt in May. I'm thinking that it'll be time to start querying and looking for freelance work again if I can. 

Thanks all for the support. Networth update coming soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about your current situation! I hope that you are happy in your new apartment and that you are able to get back on track as soon as possible. Best of luck!