Saturday, May 21, 2011

Walgreen's is Hard

So I've been trying to shop at Walgreens for the last few weeks to varying degrees of success. I've had several problems and today a checkout that should have taken 10 minutes ended up being 45 minutes in the store. Part of it was my fault and part of it was the registers and cashiers.

I've had the hardest time finding items in stock. I have numerous rainchecks, and I've actually never had a Register Reward print out accurately. Now today, it looks like I did in fact grab the wrong product off the shelf. By the time we figured it all out, it looks like I got four bottles of very inexpensive shampoo that shouldn't have been as cheap as they are. I think a lot of it is me getting used to their system, but it's very stressful and I get the feeling the cashiers there all already hate me.

I think I'm going to give up on getting rainchecks for a while and try and stick to the sales that are current. I'm also going to be super extra special careful about what I purchase and hopefully it'll all come together okay.

I like to think that Walgreen's would be worth it, but I really could use a good shopping trip to make me feel that way.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

I know exactly how you feel about Walgreens. I have never really shopped there but this week the deals are too good not to try. I spent an hour or more making my list, gathering my coupons and figuring out just how to handle each transaction. (my hubby was going to be with me and he gets frustrated easily so I wanted to be extra prepared) But it was all for naught! They didn't have a single item in stock that I wanted. :( I'm going back today to try again before getting any rain checks.

Redd said...

Thats the other problem I tend to have with them... things being out of stock. The rainchecks can sometimes be a pain to handle too. There are some great deals if you catch them, but I've gotten to the point where I think I'm not going to worry too much if something there doesn't end up working out.