Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Use Your Vote Because I Don't Get One

I've made this plea before and I'll make it again. 

If you are still not sure whether you are going to head to the polls today, please do, because I am so jealous of the fact that you get to vote today. 

I've lived in the US for more than 7 years, this place is home for me. I'm a Permanent Resident, I pay taxes like everyone else, I pay into Social Security and Medicare, I have a candidate that I support, but I don't get to go and vote for the people that will run this country. 

This was my choice. I chose to move here and I chose to do everything by the book, but I hate that I don't get a say. 

So if you've voted, thank you! Thank you for speaking up and being a part of the electoral process. If you're thinking of skipping it, please don't, because you are lucky to have the ability to speak. 

I'll be watching and waiting anxiously to see what you have all decided.

No comments: