Monday, June 23, 2008

Inspiration from The Most Amazing Places

I saw something amazing yesterday. Now, this might be the kind of thing that only has a profound effect on me, being the person who gets hormonal and cries over toilet tissue commercials, but I wanted to share it to see if it might have an effect on you too. 

Matt Harding is a mini internet celebrity that I hadn't heard of until last night. He spent 14 months traveling the world to make a video of himself doing a particular dance in front of landmarks, with people from that area.

Why is this inspiring to me? Well, because this is a man who has traveled the world and gotten people to dance with him,  just for the hell of it. For me, sometimes I feel that life is a series of connections, life is about the people who we meet and the people who we have the potential to impact. There is a tiny thread between myself and everyone I've ever met. Matt Harding, however, has a connection with thousands of people across the globe, and everyone who was involved in the making of this video now has something in common, and probably had so much fun doing it. 
I've done a fair few things in my life thus far that are out of the ordinary, but I doubt I've ever had a profound inspirational impact on anyone though my actions. I want very much to travel the world, and to meet people from every country. I want to know what Brazilian food is like, I want to see Thailand, I want to swim in the Great Barrier Reef.  I want to connect with different cultures and explore the world. I want to do something that will one day inspire someone to write a blog post about me. Thanks, Matt, from the bottom of my heart, for reminding me what I want my life to be and for giving me a goal.



Where the Hell is Matt? (2008) from Matthew Harding on Vimeo.

No comments: