Sunday, June 8, 2008

Setting Goals

When you are on a shoe string budget, you find yourself constantly thinking about the future and trying to figure out how you can make your life work. 
I like goals. They give me something to aim for and pride when I reach them. Since we are half way through the year, I think it's time for me to set myself some goals for the rest of the year. 

I will get my net worth down to -$28,000.
That means I must knock a lot of money off of my debt and increase my savings. It's quite an ambitious goal, but I need to reach high. 

I can do this by meeting the following goals:

I will carry a $0 balance on my American Express card by the end of the year. I will also consider closing the account. 

I will have $1000 in my savings accounts. This should be split between my Freelance account and my Emergency account. 

I will have my Prosper Loan down to $2,000. 

I will carry a $0 balance on my Banana Republic Card. 

I will earn a minimum of $200 extra per month outside of my regular pay checks. This is an adjustable goal. If I hit $200 two months in a row, the goal will increase. 

These goals are important and attainable. I just have to work hard, spend little, and keep on top of things. 

Extra Money Made Yesterday:

$4.50 - Etsy

Total Minimum Left for June - $122.50 Extra


1 comment:

Chad Bordeaux said...

Good luck on your goals! I am always delighted to see when someone has taken the time to write their goals down. Studies show that 97% of people do not right thier goals down during their entire lifetime. What you have done is one step further. You have not only written them down. You have made them public.

Bravo!