Friday, July 18, 2008

Dark Knight Tonight

I know I'm flat broke, but there have been so many good movies out this summer and my friends and I enjoy going to them as a group. It's hard to be firm with my budget all of the time and this is the one place I keep slipping.
But, this isn't just any random film. This is The Dark Knight. I confess, though, I am not going to see it because I am a follower of the Batman Saga. I only say Batman Begins a couple of weeks ago, actually. I'm going for Heath Ledger. I've been a fan of his for a very long time and was very upset over his untimely death. It's odd that the fact that this is (almost) his last film would give me such a strong incentive to go. I also feel like there has been so much hype over it that if I don't go, I'll be wondering what all the fuss is about over the coming weeks. So to a certain extent, I am going for me, but I am also going because of peer pressure.
I wonder what else I do because of peer pressure, and how that impacts my life. What do you think?

No comments: