Monday, July 7, 2008

My Blueberry Nights

I'm lucky enough to be friends with a really good Film Critic, Thomas Spurlin. He writes for DVD Talk, and he recently reviewed one of my favorite movies so far this year, My Blueberry Nights.
It's a lovely and unexpected film. Norah Jones plays a woman down on her luck who decides to travel around America going where the wind takes her and meeting some fascinating people along the way. These people are played by the likes of Natalie Portman, Rachel Weisz and Jude Law. Norah Jones carries the movie very well, with the other actors just accenting her work nicely. It's not really a romance or a chick flick, it's not too dramatic, and it won't drastically change your life. But it is a really lovely couple of hours of entertainment, and leaves you feeling nice and whole at the end of it.

I have a very diverse taste in films. I tend to like films that either challenge me intellectually or show a little heart. This is one of those films that I really would love more people to see, so if you get the opportunity, I would recommend taking it.

No comments: